Monday, July 30, 2007

i've known you

there's something terribly romantic about umbrellas...girls in red shoes...waiting beside windows for lovers...a drawn bath with hair up...patchwork quilts...hand holding underneath the table...old books read in pj's and socks...slow dancing to jazz...playing that song that reminds me of him over and over and over again...stairwells...eating ice cream out of the tub...kisses on the forehead...watching you sleep...winks across the room...touching my arm when i am by your side

i try to hide my love...but everyone knows...they all know...

your black shirt lays folded on the corner of my bed...i won't touch it...move it...waiting for you

i've washed you out of my pillow 5 times... one wash for everyday you do not return

where can i go that you are not?

i've known you for years...i've known you for months...i've known you for seconds

what am i to you?

2 comments:

bekadean said...

my heart feels your heart, even from here.

i hate this place.

Alecia Whitaker said...

Ugh... This speaks to me... maybe to all women... to all people... aching, romance, pain. Can true love exist without hurt?