Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Not a bad day

Today at a training on "how to manage difficult children" my boss mentioned "blue blockers"...the sun glasses...it made me laugh on the inside

While at Wendeys a young guy behind the counter asked me if the 12 year old girl beside me was my daughter...really, REALLY???...it's not the first time this has happened...it still was kinda funny to me

After a one hour session...i had six messages from 6 different friends...asking me how i was...telling me they missed me...for no reason...that rarely happens...it was wonderful

While passing by a random conversation in my office today...someone mentioned Tony the Tiger...cracked my shit right up

At dance class this fabulous black "man" approached me after class to tell me how "good i danced"...stumbled around for more conversation...then proudly proclaimed he just graduated from Lafayette High School...geeeeezzzzzzz...hahaha...i actually did the awkward coughing laugh involuntarily...wow...

It's tournament time for my sand volleyball team...rule is no one is supposed to show up drunk (which is a big challenge for most of my teammates) ole girl was bumping the ball around with a cigarette in her mouth and Johnston nailed her dead in the face...smushing the cigarette into her check...i tried not to laugh...but couldn't contain myself...COMEEEEONNNNNN....everyone knew it was coming

My roommate and I practiced a dance routine in the spare bedroom for over an hour...i mean...life doesn't get much better at 27 right?

A 3 year old kid head butted me in my freakin mouth and busted my lip...awesome...I don't know why it made me love him more...I decided I'm adopting by 32

On the way home I jammed out to "Queen of the Night" by Whitney Houston...and yes...it was on the radio...and yes...i sang every word...loudly and proudly

My roommate and I cooked the best spaghetti eeeeeever, served with toast and butter and a big ole glass of whole milk... pretty much my favorite meal of all times...brings me back to high school

Alecia and I reminisced about her mamaw answering a question from a producer at NBC with...."LADY...I'M POOR"...and about lost my damn mind i was laughing so hard...

I walked in on our dog Roscoe pushing the garbage can peddle down and grabbing out a 2 foot loaf of bread my roommate overcooked...priceless!

I'm actually tired enough to pass out in this chair right now...and since I haven't slept in almost a week and a half...i'm pretty excited about my bed and restful sleep

Not a bad day:)...i have lots to be thankful for

2 comments:

bekadean32 said...

if i could only have been there for any, or all of the aforementioned happenings...i would have joined you in the contagious laugh that only belongs to you!

Alecia Whitaker said...

This is the 2nd time I've read this piece. One of those really rare remarkable days, right?
Can't wait to see you.