Sunday, November 18, 2007

hide me

hide me from this city...from myself
take me away...to newness...to anything but now
murder the dark side of me
"what's wrong?...is he dead?...did he die?...is he alive?

am I?

take me back for a moment to my grandfather's church... right over the bridge in pecan grove
let me sit with no fear of life or me
let me curl up on the front pew and hear him whisper scriptures and prayers
kneeled reverently before this God my family believes heals sickness and families and broken people...
where is the healing? damn it...where?

can I just be?... with no fear of tomorrow
or what is happening right now
there is a hole in my chest i can't seem to repair
always trying to repair

i do...i keep trying to get better...i swear to god i do...i keep trying to get stronger...
i keep trying

No comments: